Wrong file format :(

Techno20

Aug 7, 2014, 8:32:39 PM8/7/14
to make...@googlegroups.com
I created a design in 123D Design. The STL prints fine on my Makerbot. Now I need to find a way to convert the .123dx to a STP. Any software around to do this?
Or can anyone point me in the right direction? :) Turns out a guy wants to have the part manufactured as the prototype is selling...
Thanks,

Al

JEgar

Aug 8, 2014, 9:19:24 AM8/8/14
to make...@googlegroups.com
Have a look at InStep (http://www.solveering.com/instep.htm ). converts STL to STP. free version is quite limited but unlocking isn't too expensive.

DHeadrick

Aug 8, 2014, 12:59:29 PM8/8/14
to make...@googlegroups.com
It does... but it will create a very large file with thousands of tiny facets which are pretty useless.  I converted an STL to STEP and ended up only using that so that I could recreate the part from scratch.