Maker Faire, March 22nd and 23rd at EMP Museum

Christin Boyd

Jan 13, 2014, 2:00:33 PM1/13/14
to maker-fai...@googlegroups.com
Show us what you've been making at Seattle Mini Maker Faire on March 22nd and 23rd at the EMP Museum! Apply now! Application deadline is January 15, 2014.

This year Seattle Mini Maker Faire partnered with EMP Museum to host Seattle Mini Maker Faire 2014 at one of Seattle’s most iconic landmark venues, providing increased exposure and opportunity for our region’s Makers to show off their projects to thousands of attendees. Due to the unique layout of the Frank Gehry-designed venue, we are offering smaller booth spaces this year, but for those Makers that need the space, we will have several double-wide booths available for demonstrations and hands-on activities. In addition, we’ll outfit workshops with a whole lot of space to accommodate lots of participants and proctors!

To top it all off, we will have access to EMP’s JBL theater, with seating for 200 and a large stage for presenters and speakers to inspire audiences with talks, demonstrations and performances throughout the event.

What are we looking for when we decide on Makers? We look for interactivity with the public, we look for people who want to teach a skill, demonstrate a technique, and share the process of making. We prioritize projects that make us say “WOW! THAT IS AMAZING!” The highest priority goes to workshops where the public can do something and make something.

Take a look at the application form and start drafting your answers to the critical questions: a project description, project photo, set up description, any safety concerns, and how many people will help staff your space. Applications will be accepted until January 15, 2014, so don’t wait – get your application in today!

APPLY NOW!

Please help us spread the word about the Seattle Mini Maker Faire by sharing this information with all your maker friends and mailing lists. If you have any questions, feel free to send them to cai...@makerfaireseattle.com. We look forward to reviewing your application and seeing you at Seattle Mini Maker Faire 2014!

Thank you,

Caitrin Millar
Event Coordinator
Seattle Mini Maker Faire

Christin Boyd

Jan 20, 2014, 8:52:34 PM1/20/14
to maker-fai...@googlegroups.com
We've extended the application deadline to January 25th.  Apply now to show your project(s) in a booth at Seattle Mini Maker Faire. Please share this mail with your friends who build cool stuff.

In addition to exhibitors in booths, we need you to teach us how to make stuff in the 200-seat theater at Seattle Mini Maker Faire. We have room for lots of 10-minute and 20-minute presentations in the theater.  Show us a presentation on how you rebuilt a steam engine that wouldn't fit in a booth! Teach us how you designed a game, how you built a new custom tool to help you build a thing, or how you coordinated with multiple vendors to produce a complex solution. Apply to present! Use the same application form on the Makers page to apply to present in the 200-seat theater.  We will accept applications for presentations in the theater until March 1st.

If you have any questions, feel free to send them to cai...@makerfaireseattle.com. We look forward to reviewing your application and seeing you at Seattle Mini Maker Faire 2014!

Thank you,

Caitrin Millar
Event Coordinator
Seattle Mini Maker Faire

On Monday, January 13, 2014 11:00:33 AM UTC-8, Christin Boyd wrote:
Show us what you've been making at Seattle Mini Maker Faire on March 22nd and 23rd at the EMP Museum! Apply now! Application deadline is January 25, 2014.

[...]

Take a look at the application form and start drafting your answers to the critical questions: a project description, project photo, set up description, any safety concerns, and how many people will help staff your space. Applications will be accepted until January 25, 2014, so don’t wait – get your application in today!