Fork-tailed Flycatcher photos from Monday, Common Ringed Plover photos from last week.

Henry D Mauer

Sep 19, 2017, 6:26:43 PM9/19/17
to Maine Birds, mass...@theworld.com
Yesterday Deb and I saw the Fork-tailed Flycatcher (FTFL) at Gilsland Farm Audubon Center in Falmouth, Maine.  It was quite gray and drizzly, so the FTFL was eating berries rather than fly-catching.  Good looks none-the-less.  Pictures are at my new website:

https://henrymauer.smugmug.com

Last week, on Tuesday Sept 12 we saw the Common Ringed Plover (CRPL)  at Gooseberry Neck in Westport, MA.  It was with a group of Semi-palmated Plovers (SEPL) , but was the only one calling, with a distinctive call.  I was able to get many nice pics showing nicely the difference in field marks between the CRPL and the SEPL.  Pictures are at my new website:

https://henrymauer.smugmug.com

Click on 2017 galleries and then click on the gallery of your choice.  Slideshow is worth figuring out, after you have entered a gallery it is the gray triangle above the first picture.

Henry Mauer
Harpswell, Maine
henryd...@gmail.com