Orange-crowned Warbler, Saxl Park, Bangor, 10/09

Robert Ostrowski

Oct 9, 2015, 12:44:47 PM10/9/15
to maine...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Before the rain arrived (I mean just before - soggy trip home), I had an Orange-crowned Warbler at Saxl Park. If you're on the southern border of the park facing north, the bird was ~20 yards west of the third telephone pole. A little bit of bushwhacking would be required to see it in the same spot where I did, but the bird was moving around quite a bit, so that might not be necessary.

In fact, the birding was great in general. Though warblers are down to a trickle, including even Common Yellowthroats now, but not Myrtles, sparrows are abundant. A lot of turnover has been keeping things extra interesting.

Good birding!
Robert Ostrowski
Bangor, ME