King Eider continues

rob speirs

Dec 5, 2016, 5:29:38 PM12/5/16
to Maine birds
Swung by the Fish Pier, while in town for errands this afternoon, to see if Bill Bunn's 1st year King Eider was still hanging around.

There was a tight raft of Eiders about a third of the way across the harbor, but they seemed to swimming toward the Portland. Sure enough, within a very short time, they were at the pier. The King Eider, and few others, swam inside the two finger docks, briefly, posing for photos. I think I saw him wink, when he made his last turn, and started swimming back out into the harbor with the others.
Rob Speirs Cumberland