Dickcissel

pegfa...@aol.com

Nov 30, 2016, 9:43:05 AM11/30/16
to maine...@googlegroups.com
Just had a Dickcissel at my side feeders with some house sparrows and Blue Jays.  65 Pleasant St, Clinton

Peggy Blair
426-8986

pegfa...@aol.com

Dec 1, 2016, 10:56:27 AM12/1/16
to maine...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

The bird stuck around until almost dark yesterday.  I am out all day today but my husband says he hasn't noticed any bird with yellow.  I do have an almost albino sparrow which is there this morning.  The House Sparrows go in and out all day.

The ground under the feeders and thicket the Dickcissel comes to are visible from the street.  The House Sparrows and the Dickcissel are all very flighty - any car Blue Jay sound and they retreat into the thicket.  Anyone is welcome to try for the birds.  I would suggest using your vehicle as a blind and watching from the street.  It is fine if you go on the front lawn and peek around the house for a view.  If I vehicle is in the driveway ring the side door bell and Bill could let you in to try from the house.

Peggy Blair
65 Pleasant St
Clinton

426-8986

pegfa...@aol.com

Dec 2, 2016, 7:54:42 AM12/2/16
to maine...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

The Dickcissel is in this morning with the smaller group of House Sparrows..  I am in and out today .   The House Sparrows go in and out all day.

The ground under the feeders and thicket the Dickcissel comes to are visible from the street.  The House Sparrows and the Dickcissel are all very flighty - any car Blue Jay sound and they retreat into the thicket.  Anyone is welcome to try for the birds.  I would suggest using your vehicle as a blind and watching from the, street.  It is fine if you go on the front lawn and peek around the house for a view.  If I vehicle is in the driveway ring the side door bell and  you may try from the house which is much closer.

Margaret Viens

Dec 2, 2016, 12:43:08 PM12/2/16
to pegfa...@aol.com, maine...@googlegroups.com
The adult male Dickcissel was still there 7 minutes after I arrived at 10:09 am. There are great looks from the street using the car as a blind. Soon after 10:30 I was joined by Rob Spiers who found a SECOND Dickcissel - a juvenile male. We stayed for awhile longer until I could get confirmation photos of the second bird, which we saw several times, it just wasn't cooperating for photos very much.

My e-bird list with photos of both birds is: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S32820173

Margaret Viens
Waterville

Rob O'Connell

Dec 3, 2016, 10:21:23 AM12/3/16
to Margaret Viens, pegfa...@aol.com, maine...@googlegroups.com
Dickcissels continue this morning as well as the leucystic bird.

Thanks,
Rob O'Connell

pegfa...@aol.com

Dec 4, 2016, 9:12:55 AM12/4/16
to maine...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Adult Dickcissel just came in hopefully the juv. will also appear.

65 Pleasant St.  Clinton

Peggy Blair
4268986

pegfa...@aol.com

Dec 5, 2016, 1:36:57 PM12/5/16
to maine...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Both Dickcissels are in today.  They really show up against the snow.  Also the Tree Sparrows have shown up  Nick Leadly was here when we got back home around noon & asked permission to move onto the lawn which is fine.  The birds are getting used to him & allowed pictures from about the even with the house.

Peggy Blair

pegfa...@aol.com

Dec 6, 2016, 8:28:07 AM12/6/16
to maine...@googlegroups.com
Young Dickcissel is in this morning.  Haven't seen adult yet.  65 Pleasant St., Clinton.

If you want to go  closer on the lawn, it is fine but please don't go unto my neighbors property -ie driveway past the hedge.

Good Birding,
Peggy Blair