Fenway Park

Sean Hatch

Jul 21, 2016, 12:05:39 PM7/21/16
to Maine birds
Was at the game last night and while watching our Sox win, RW Blackbirds, Grackles and Waxwings all made appearances. Not where I expected to see them.

seg...@colby.edu

Jul 22, 2016, 6:16:21 AM7/22/16
to Maine birds
No cardinals, orioles or blue jays?

Bill Sheehan

Jul 22, 2016, 10:08:19 AM7/22/16
to Sean Hatch, Maine birds
Sean,

I once watched a Red-tailed Hawk eating a large rat up in the girders over near Pesky Pole in Fenway...  Took my attention for about half an inning.

Saw 50+ Rock Pigeons vacate the lights at Gillette Stadium in front of a Peregrine Falcon that came by us (while we were sitting in the nosebleed seats).

Saw a Mississippi Kite and Green Heron fly over Ranger stadium a couple springs ago.

Theres some impressive Monk Parakeet nests in the lights at the field in New Brittain CT.

I might start a list... Sports venue birds.  Thanks for the idea!

Bill

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 12:05 PM, Sean Hatch <sean...@gmail.com> wrote:
Was at the game last night and while watching our Sox win, RW Blackbirds, Grackles and Waxwings all made appearances. Not where I expected to see them.

Bill Sheehan
Woodland, Aroostook Co., Maine
http://northernmainebirds.blogspot.com/

Barbara

Jul 22, 2016, 11:41:33 AM7/22/16
to maine...@googlegroups.com
We used to see nighthawks catching insects at the lights at the baseball stadium in Syracuse, NY, many moons ago.
Barbara Herrgesell
Sanford

Sent from my iPhone