Re: [Maine-birds] Bob Knight want to share 10295 Rev. H (26-Sept-20​16) with you

Message has been deleted

Steve Plumb

Sep 26, 2016, 1:39:26 PM9/26/16
to maine...@googlegroups.com
This seems suspicious. The dropbox address is lubovna.eu in the EU domain and "10295 Rev. H (26-Sept-2016)" doesn't sound bird related.

Is this spam?

-------
Steve Plumb
Nobleboro, ME 04555

On Sep 26, 2016, at 11:51 AM, Bob Knight <b...@knightarchitect.com> wrote:

Hi,

Bob just shared a folder called "10295 Rev. H (26-Sept-2016) with you using Dropbox."

Enjoy!
- The Dropbox Team

© 2016 Dropbox

Doug Hitchcox

Sep 26, 2016, 1:50:14 PM9/26/16
to Steve Plumb, Maine-birds Alerts
Thanks for pointing this out, Steve. Everyone on Maine-birds should be advised to NOT click on any links unless you know where you are being directed. Anything that seems suspicious or directs you to an unknown site should be deleted.

We have been fortunate to have very little spam come through Maine-birds. Google does a great job flagging suspicious message and I am fairly surprised this made it through.

Thanks,

Doug Hitchcox
Maine-birds Moderator

wela...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2016, 2:13:14 PM9/26/16
to Steve Plumb, maine...@googlegroups.com
I immediately trashed it

Bill

Sent from my iPhone

Bob Knight

Sep 27, 2016, 10:00:22 AM9/27/16
to Maine birds
Hi Birders,
Somebody hacked my email account yesterday and sent this phishing letter out to 790 people in my email lists, and unfortunately it got onto this
list serve.  Sorry .  Just ignore or delete it.
Bob Knight