juvenile sapsucker in Hallowell; 3d time in two weeks

cathie...@gmail.com

Dec 14, 2017, 3:42:18 PM12/14/17
to Maine birds
Greetings!
For at least the 3d day in two weeks we have had a juvenile yellow-bellied sapsucker in our backyard.  It seems likely it is here more often; we just don't look at the right time.
It generally spends significant minutes in one spot along the trunk of a big Norway spruce (the one with a second trunk absorbed by the first, on the right as you look in our back yard).
One time I saw it on the suet feeder, and then back to its spot on the spruce trunk, but in general I do not see it on any of the feeders.
Thanks to all who are doing the CBC this season!
Cathie Murray, Hallowell