Stilt SA and white hawk,, Sanford Lagoons, Oct 7, 2015

Andrew Aldrich

Oct 7, 2015, 6:44:23 PM10/7/15
to Maine Birds
I went to find the Stilt Sandpipers that Josh had earlier and heard crows
chasing a hawk. So I shot some pictures and noticed that the hawk is VERY
white underneath. On the top side noticed the white at base of tail, as well
as other whitish markings on a brown back.
I am assuming this is a RED-TAILED HAWK. Is this close to being a
KRIDER'S HAWK? I knew it would be a long ways from home if it was.

Four photos are imbedded in the checklist. 2 of the top side and 2 of
the under side.

View this checklist online at

Happy birding
Andy Aldrich
North Berwick

Directions: take Gavel Rd. east off of Rte. 4 at blinking light, 3.7 miles
south of jct. of Rtes. 4 and 111, (in Alfred) or 0.7 miles north of jct. of
Rtes. 4 and 109., (in S. Sanford)

Hours as posted: 6-4:30 MON-FRI, WEEKENDS: 7-8:30 SAT+SUN Holidays are
usually the same hours as weekend hours.