Mew Gull, Black-headed Gull and Redhead: Yes

Bill Blauvelt

Feb 7, 2016, 4:01:47 PM2/7/16
to Doug Hitchcox
On Saturday, 2/6/16 four us went looking for the Mew Gull, Black-headed Gull and Redhead.
We did find the Mew Gull quickly at the Municipal Fish Pier in Rockland around 10:00 am.
We found the Black-headed Gull at the Lobster Pens, at the end of Lobster Lane, in Owls Head.
With some advice from a resident birder, we found the Redhead in Camden. We saw it from the from Camden Hills Villa parking lot at 51 Mechanic St. with many Mallards, two Hooded Mergansers, and a couple Common Goldeneye.

Bill Blauvelt
Portland, ME

Bill Blauvelt

Feb 8, 2016, 11:22:08 AM2/8/16
to Doug Hitchcox
I had my locations of the gull backwards. I corrected that here:
On Saturday, 2/6/16 four us went looking for the Mew Gull, Black-headed Gull and Redhead.
We did find the Black-headed Gull quickly at the Municipal Fish Pier in Rockland around 10:00 am.
We found the Mew Gull at the Lobster Pens, at the end of Lobster Lane, in Owls Head.