Egrets at Tidewater Farm

Marianne Taylor, Skowhegan

Jul 21, 2017, 5:41:32 PM7/21/17
to Maine birds
We are watching 2 egrets. A Great and I believe the Little. It behaves like a snowy but I can see individual plumes on the head via scope. Currently in the channel near a dock.

Marianne Taylor

Jul 21, 2017, 10:52:29 PM7/21/17
to Maine birds
My photos do not show dark lores as described in Sibley Birds so the egret may be Snowy.  I watched 2 egrets that seemed to be the same size and a Great Egret also landed in the channel.

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 5:41 PM, Marianne Taylor, Skowhegan <anda...@gmail.com> wrote:
 We are watching 2 egrets. A Great and I believe the Little. It behaves like a snowy but I can see individual plumes on the head via scope. Currently in the channel near a dock.

Great_Egret0649e.jpg
Snowy0670e.jpg
Snowy0680.jpg
Snowy0671e.jpg