Bullock's oriole

Janet Galle

Jan 17, 2017, 5:31:48 PM1/17/17
to Maine-birds
Viewed from the parking lot off Washington Street, Camden. You can go quietly near the wood pile there and not disturb anyone, hopefully.
This beautiful bird (I was surprised at how bright his colors are) arrived at 12:28 and ate for 10 minutes at what I assume is the meal worm feeder.
A fellow in a truck parked asked me if
I was looking for the "hawk"…..then my husband and I found three piles of feathers where apparently something (pigeon?) was torn apart on
the edge of the parking area.

Camden harbor - hen gadwall, 3 common goldeneyes, lots of mallards (entertaining), 2 common loons, gulls.
Beautiful day to be out.