Fork-tailed Flycatcher - Falmouth, 9/19

Doug Hitchcox

Sep 19, 2017, 8:14:42 AM9/19/17
to Bird Alerts
I just got to Gilsland Farm (8:00AM) and a few bidders reported that the Fork-tailed Flycatcher was seen this morning. Apparently first at the viburnum along the swale in the North Meadow but flushed when a Cooper's Hawk came through.

**8:13, as I type this the hawk went after the flycatcher and flushed it into the northern part of the North Meadow.**

I'd recommend looking near the viburnum at the base of the apple trees near the tall lone white pine on the west edge of the meadow. Or around the elm by the big grayish house as the weather improves and bugs start flying.

Good birding,

Doug Hitchcox

Sent from my iPhone

Jeff Wells

Sep 19, 2017, 8:49:46 AM9/19/17
to maine...@googlegroups.com

Does anyone have a photo of this bird that they would let us use for our column in Boothbay Register?

Jeff Wells