Female turkey with two broods of different age

Bruce Bartrug

Jul 20, 2017, 5:54:40 PM7/20/17
to maine...@googlegroups.com
We have more than one female turkey that occasionally parades her brood through our yard, but recently I've noticed a female that has two different-sized chicks in tow.  Off the top of my head I can't imagine a female incubating a second clutch of eggs when she has young chicks to take care of.  So I'm wondering if this female has "adopted" chicks of another who was predated.  Anyone have any experience here?

Thanks,
BAB

--
Bruce Bartrug