MacOS Error code: -8754, Text encoding.

Mark Gurries

Jan 2, 2009, 6:53:15 PM1/2/09
to $mailsmith
Sometimes when I get an email from people, I cannot reply back
due to the error that is somewhere in the original text.

>One or more characters were encountered that cannot be represented in the desired text encoding (MacOS Error code: -8754)
>
>[CSendMailStatusBar.cp:1819]

What ever the character is, I cannot see it to delete it. Often
I have to delete all the original text to send any reply. I
would think a nice feature would be character would be replaced
with something that can be seen even if it unrelated. At least
I have a fighting chance to fix the problem. What ever the
problem is, I think something needs to be done.

Jason Davies

Jan 3, 2009, 8:41:18 AM1/3/09
to mailsmi...@googlegroups.com
Mark Gurries wrote on 2/1/09 at 23:53

have you had any luck changing the encoding (View-Character Set ->)?

Mark Gurries

Jan 5, 2009, 12:53:23 AM1/5/09
to mailsmi...@googlegroups.com
Changing all the fonts options to Times 12 had no effect.

>Jason Davies wrote

Jason Davies

Jan 5, 2009, 7:09:38 AM1/5/09
to mailsmi...@googlegroups.com
View -> Character Set -> some options to try.

Fonts are different...!

Mark Gurries wrote on 4/1/09 at 05:53