www/Apache22 fails to build when configured for LDAP and AUTHNZ_LDAP

Shaun Meyer

Nov 30, 2011, 11:44:54 AM11/30/11
Hello,

I have already built apache22 successfully on FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p3
amd64. I realized that I wanted authnz_ldap which wasn't turned on by
default so I went into www/apache22 and did the following:

# make clean
# make config
# make showconfig | grep LDAP
LDAP=on "Enable mod_ldap"
AUTHNZ_LDAP=on "Enable mod_authnz_ldap"
# make

LDAP and AUTHNZ_LDAP are the only adjusted knobs from the defaults.

The operative build error is "mod_authnz_ldap.c:41:2: error: #error
mod_authnz_ldap requires APR-util to have LDAP support built in. To
fix add --with-ldap to ./configure."

I have also tried removing and cleaning for the apr package. I see no
other apache-related files installed and all this has been done
against the latest, greatest ports collection using `portsnap`.

This symptoms are identical to
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=124651 except, obviously,
they have fixed that cause.

Any advice is greatly appreciated,

Shaun Meyer

Tom Evans

Nov 30, 2011, 12:43:27 PM11/30/11
On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 4:44 PM, Shaun Meyer <mey...@morningside.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have already built apache22 successfully on FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p3
> amd64. I realized that I wanted authnz_ldap which wasn't turned on by
> default so I went into www/apache22 and did the following:
>
> # make clean
> # make config
> # make showconfig | grep LDAP
>     LDAP=on "Enable mod_ldap"
>     AUTHNZ_LDAP=on "Enable mod_authnz_ldap"
> # make
>
> LDAP and AUTHNZ_LDAP are the only adjusted knobs from the defaults.
>
> The operative build error is "mod_authnz_ldap.c:41:2: error: #error
> mod_authnz_ldap requires APR-util to have LDAP support built  in. To
> fix add --with-ldap to ./configure."
>
> I have also tried removing and cleaning for the apr package. I see no
> other apache-related files installed and all this has been done
> against the latest, greatest ports collection using `portsnap`.
>
> This symptoms are identical to
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=124651 except, obviously,
> they have fixed that cause.
>
> Any advice is greatly appreciated,
>
> Shaun Meyer

Apache from ports no longer builds against the included APR, instead
it builds against the system APR, so you must rebuild devel/apr1 with
LDAP support. This makes it easier to fix problems with other
libraries being built with a different version of APR, and then linked
into apache (eg, mod_authz_svn).

This is the problem that PR is describing, and the fix in that PR no
longer seems to be in the Makefile.

Cheers

Tom

Mark Saad

Nov 30, 2011, 12:41:21 PM11/30/11
On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Shaun Meyer <mey...@morningside.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have already built apache22 successfully on FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p3
> amd64. I realized that I wanted authnz_ldap which wasn't turned on by
> default so I went into www/apache22 and did the following:
>
> # make clean
> # make config
> # make showconfig | grep LDAP
>     LDAP=on "Enable mod_ldap"
>     AUTHNZ_LDAP=on "Enable mod_authnz_ldap"
> # make
>
> LDAP and AUTHNZ_LDAP are the only adjusted knobs from the defaults.
>
> The operative build error is "mod_authnz_ldap.c:41:2: error: #error
> mod_authnz_ldap requires APR-util to have LDAP support built  in. To
> fix add --with-ldap to ./configure."
>
> I have also tried removing and cleaning for the apr package. I see no
> other apache-related files installed and all this has been done
> against the latest, greatest ports collection using `portsnap`.
>
> This symptoms are identical to
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=124651 except, obviously,
> they have fixed that cause.
>
> Any advice is greatly appreciated,
>
> Shaun Meyer

You need to just rebuild the apr port with ldap. Confirm what version
of apr you have installed and then use make config in that port to add
ldap support. Remove the installed port and reinstall the new one with
ldap support . They you should be able to install apache with ldap
hooks.

--
mark saad | none...@longcount.org

Shaun Meyer

Dec 1, 2011, 3:52:25 PM12/1/11
On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Mark Saad <none...@longcount.org> wrote:
> You need to just rebuild the apr port with ldap. Confirm what version
> of apr you have installed and then use make config in that port to add
> ldap support. Remove the installed port and reinstall the new one with
> ldap support . They you should be able to install apache with ldap
> hooks.

That did it. I was spending too much energy looking at www/apache22.

Thank you, Gentlemen.

Regards,

Shaun