jakarta-tomcat-3.3.1_11 doesn't run

Jim Pingle

May 5, 2002, 2:39:17 AM5/5/02

Apologies if this has been addressed, I stumbled upon the thread via
Google.

I am seeing the same error below if I attempt to start tomcat using
tomcat3ctl. It does start normally if I use tomcat.sh in the
TOMCAT_HOME/bin directory. It worked for me before the change
from tomcatctl -> tomcat3ctl.

I'm using FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE (as of Apr 27)
jdk-1.3.1p6_4 (Also used jdk-1.3.1p5)
jakarta-tomcat-3.3.1_11

I submitted a PR having not seen a correction yet, and finding that
using tomcat.sh worked. The PR is ports/37762.

--
Jim Pingle

On 2002-05-04 07:34:46 PST, cul...@abcteach.net wrote:
> I am experiencing the *exact* same problem.
>
> Culley
>
> (sorry for the mangled email)
>
> ========
> FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE
> jdk-1.3.1p6_4
> jakarta-tomcat-3.3.1_11
>
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/020.jakarta-tomcat3.sh start
> Doesn't start tomcat
> Following is in /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat3.3.1/logs/stderr.log :
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.util.zip.ZipException: No such file or
directory
> at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
> at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:110)
> at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:115)
> at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:57)
>
> jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3_7 seems to startup just fine

Ernst de Haan

May 6, 2002, 3:40:31 AM5/6/02
Tim,

I will look into this.

Ernst

On Saturday 04 May 2002 01:51, Tim E Schafer wrote:
> FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE
> jdk-1.3.1p6_4
> jakarta-tomcat-3.3.1_11
>
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/020.jakarta-tomcat3.sh start
> Doesn't start tomcat
> Following is in /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat3.3.1/logs/stderr.log :
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.util.zip.ZipException: No such file or
> directory
> at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
> at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:110)
> at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:115)
> at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:57)
>
> jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3_7 seems to startup just fine

> Tim E Schafer tim_s...@agship.com
> Programmer
> 800-562-9915 x190 or 916-376-6190
>
> Associated Global Systems
> 3231 Evergreen Ave
> West Sacramento, CA 95691

Ernst de Haan
EuroNet Internet B.V.

"Come to me all who are weary and burdened
and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ