java/110366: diablo jvm bytecode bug

Charlie &

Mar 15, 2007, 6:55:16 PM3/15/07

>Number: 110366
>Category: java
>Synopsis: diablo jvm bytecode bug
>Confidential: no
>Severity: critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD absolute.salesdepotinc.com 6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #2: Wed Feb 21 18:24:49 PST 2007 ro...@absolute.salesdepotinc.com:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/ABSOLUTE i386

Sorry I copy pasted it, but I tried about 5 times to get this bug report submitted.

1.
It seems like this issue is with NumberFormat at the bytecode level
2.

3.
Here is an example testcase:
4.

5.
import java.text.*;
6.

7.
public class Test {
8.
9.
try {
10.
System.out.println(NumberFormat.getCurrencyInstance().parse("$1.99").doubleValue());
11.
} catch (Exception e) {
12.
e.printStackTrace();
13.
}
14.
}
15.
}
16.

17.
Save as Test.java ; compile under the SUN JVM: javac Test.java
18.

19.

20.
Run the class under the Diablo jvm and you will receive
21.

22.
-bash-2.05b$ java Test
23.
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable number: "$1.99"
24.
at java.text.NumberFormat.parse(NumberFormat.java:309)
25.
at Test.main(Test.java:6)
26.

27.
And when I run it with the SUN JDK
28.

29.
absolute# /usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.5.0/bin/java Test
30.
1.99
31.

32.

33.
If you can't compile Ill provide what I have,
34.

35.
http://salesdepotinc.com/Test.java
36.