java/110364: Diablo jvm bytecode issue

Victor Igumnov

Mar 15, 2007, 6:23:21 PM3/15/07

>Number: 110364
>Category: java
>Synopsis: Diablo jvm bytecode issue
>Confidential: no
>Severity: critical
I tried to submit this in 10 different ways, all being rejected by the freebsd mailing server. Three different email addresses, all being rejected. Reverse DNS is working yet for some reason it rejected all three. So here is the report.

Bytecode incompatability with the sun classes in Diablo JVM

1.
It seems like this issue is with NumberFormat at the bytecode level
2.

3.
Here is an example testcase:
4.

5.
import java.text.*;
6.

7.
public class Test {
8.
9.
try {
10.
System.out.println(NumberFormat.getCurrencyInstance().parse("$1.99").doubleValue());
11.
} catch (Exception e) {
12.
e.printStackTrace();
13.
}
14.
}
15.
}
16.

17.
Save as Test.java ; compile under the SUN JVM: javac Test.java
18.

19.

20.
Run the class under the Diablo jvm and you will receive
21.

22.
-bash-2.05b$ java Test
23.
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable number: "$1.99"
24.
at java.text.NumberFormat.parse(NumberFormat.java:309)
25.
at Test.main(Test.java:6)
26.

27.
And when I run it with the SUN JDK
28.

29.
absolute# /usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.5.0/bin/java Test
30.
1.99
31.

32.

33.
If you can't compile Ill provide what I have,
34.

35.
http://salesdepotinc.com/Test.java
36.