mail droid notifications

John Schneider

Apr 8, 2015, 7:31:44 AM4/8/15
to mail...@googlegroups.com
Hello. I am using the latest mail droid prod. It is working perfectly.
There is one thing that I have a question on. I am getting notified in the status bar of a new email.
I am thinking when there is a new email there should be a number of how many on the desktop.
But, there is not.
I have all the notifications checked in settings that I can find.
Any ideas ?

Thanks

john

markdoc

Apr 9, 2015, 12:39:32 AM4/9/15
to mail...@googlegroups.com
You need to add the Maildroid widget to your home screen. It's a little different for each brand phone. I'm familiar with HTC but it shouldn't be too different for your brand. Long press on an empty space on your home screen. You should get a menu and choose add. Pick widgets and scroll through the list until you see Maildroid. You will have a choice of 2 different widgets. Pick the icon. You then get a pop-up window. First choose which icon you want. Then the account and tap "Add". That's it. Close any open windows and you should see the icon you chose with the number of unread emails. If there are no unread emails, then you'll just see the icon. Hope this helps.