Used Maildroid for years. Did OS upgrade now MD will NOT install (says not compatible with device)

BobMCT

Jan 21, 2015, 4:19:41 PM1/21/15
to mail...@googlegroups.com
I have a Samsung Rugby Smart running gingerbread 2.3.2
Anyone else have this problem and is there anything to do to overcome it besides find another email app?
Thanks
Message has been deleted

markdoc

May 25, 2015, 1:06:48 AM5/25/15
to mail...@googlegroups.com
You probably have only one option. That's to write to Maildroid and ask for an old version that's compatible with your version of Android. The newer phones are running Android 4 or 5. The other is to root your phone to install a newer version of Android. The only problem is that your phone probably doesn't have the power to run a later version of android. For that, you'll have to ask someone else.

Markdoc
HTC One M8
Android 5.0.1
Not Rooted

jl

May 25, 2015, 6:18:59 AM5/25/15
to mail...@googlegroups.com, bob...@gmail.com
Unfortunately, we have to pull support for 2.x devices in November 2014. The old devices were causing too many issues with limitations.