Battery Issues?

jl

Oct 24, 2012, 5:10:53 PM10/24/12
to mail...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I know some have come up. One thing you can try is to go to the accounts screen --> menu --> preferences --> scroll down to the bottom and check the box next to Disable SSL certificates check

NOTE: This does not mean ssl is disabled, it just means that certificates are not validated. Certificates are validated in MailDroid to avoid MiM attacks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man-in-the-middle_attack) but that does take some CPU and Memory.

Steve Mills

Jul 17, 2014, 3:41:47 AM7/17/14
to mail...@googlegroups.com
When I first tried MailDroid a few years back I really liked it but it definitely did drain off my battery. HOWEVER the current version has no noticeable impact on battery life - I have not seen any change in battery life since installing it, and GSam Battery Monitor (which tells me which apps are sucking battery) does not list MailDroid as one of them.

The developer has done a great job not only on look and feel and feature but also on performance.

janrif

Jan 11, 2015, 11:50:55 AM1/11/15
to mail...@googlegroups.com
Quite to the contrary experience here. Battery usage reported @ 84‰ & telephone running very hot. When I uninstalled Maildroid phone cooled off, battery naturally lasts longer now. Very frustrating as I long time user.