API delay when adding members?

Helen Burns

Aug 31, 2011, 1:45:52 PM8/31/11
to MailChimp API Discuss
Hi all,

I've integrated the API into my site to allow my clients to manage
certain aspects of their emailing but when I add a new member to a
group or create a new campaign it doesn't show the new data until a
good few minutes after its successfully added to the Mailchimp control
panel. Is there some caching thing im missing here? I can refresh my
site til I'm blue in the face and the data still only shows on the MC
control panel, and then suddenly it will appear!

Thanks in advance,

Helen

jesse

Aug 31, 2011, 1:53:46 PM8/31/11
to MailChimp API Discuss
This is one of two things:

1) http://apidocs.mailchimp.com/api/faq/#faq2

2) the last reply here:
http://groups.google.com/group/mailchimp-api-discuss/browse_thread/thread/5e095ee8c67d55d2/14b0b0bb7e50e777#14b0b0bb7e50e777

If not, you'll need to be specific about what "data" you are looking
at, what calls you are making, and *exactly* what believe to be
incorrect.

jesse

Helen Burns

Aug 31, 2011, 2:28:05 PM8/31/11
to MailChimp API Discuss
Hi,

Ok, number 2 seems to be the case... I add a member and it doesn't
show as added for a few minutes. So as your number 2 link said there
is a 5 minute cache? Is there anyway around this?

Thanks,

Helen

On Aug 31, 6:53 pm, jesse <je...@mailchimp.com> wrote:
> This is one of two things:
>
> 1)http://apidocs.mailchimp.com/api/faq/#faq2
>
> 2) the last reply here:http://groups.google.com/group/mailchimp-api-discuss/browse_thread/th...

jesse

Aug 31, 2011, 2:43:15 PM8/31/11
to MailChimp API Discuss
No. The web app does the exact same thing.

jesse

Helen Burns

Aug 31, 2011, 2:44:08 PM8/31/11
to mailchimp-...@googlegroups.com