Anchor Link Troubles

ContentNext

May 5, 2011, 5:56:38 PM5/5/11
to MailChimp API Discuss
I have an issue where anchor links within our newsletter have stoped
working because of something MailChimp seems to be doing on it's end
when it pulls the newsletter via the API.

Basically MailChimp pulls the newsletter via the API and then ads the
URL (that it pulled the newsletter from) to all of the anchor links.
This makes them open new windows in mail clients instead of just
moving to the spot in the newsletter where the matching anchor is.
It's even worse because we use the Twitter and Facebook buttons which
of course don't render correctly on the page where the API pulled the
newsletter from.

Furthermore this wasn't happening before and we've not changed our
code since the time that it was working fine.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening? Can I tell MailcChimp
to leave a piece of code alone in some way?

Any help would be much appreciated.

jesse

May 5, 2011, 6:21:03 PM5/5/11
to MailChimp API Discuss
The chance of this being an API issue is slim to nil. Create a
campaign using the URL import inside the app to recreate the issue and
then report it to support:

http://mailchimp.com/support/

jesse

ContentNext

May 6, 2011, 11:17:24 AM5/6/11
to MailChimp API Discuss
The issue still occurs when I use MailChimp's own import fro URL.

I actually already reported it to MailChimp support who told me they
couldn't help me because it sounded API related and then referred me
to you.

So should I just email them again letting them know I spoke to you and
that you referred me back to them?

Jamie

jesse

May 6, 2011, 11:18:45 AM5/6/11