How can I control the language of the confirmation email?

Oliver Salzburg

Oct 26, 2012, 1:15:08 PM10/26/12
to mailchimp-...@googlegroups.com
I'm developing an integration between the TYPO3 CMS and MailChimp.

We've just completed our first field test and some users told us that they didn't like receiving an English confirmation email when they subscribed from our German (or French or whatever) site.

How can I tell MailChimp what language to use for the confirmation/double-opt-in email? Or what is the usual approach to this?

jesse

Oct 29, 2012, 9:38:57 AM10/29/12
to mailchimp-...@googlegroups.com
As long as you're using double-optin, this:
http://kb.mailchimp.com/article/can-you-translate-my-signup-forms-response-emails

You can't currently control the initial language via the API.

jesse

Oliver Salzburg

Oct 29, 2012, 10:51:10 AM10/29/12
to mailchimp-...@googlegroups.com
That's really bad news for me. Any advice you could offer me besides switching our whole deployment to MailChimp forms?

Cheers
Oliver

jesse

Oct 29, 2012, 11:51:13 AM10/29/12
to mailchimp-...@googlegroups.com
If you're using double optin like you say you are, it will already work, at least for the welcome email.

Otherwise you can use conditional content:
http://kb.mailchimp.com/article/how-do-conditional-smart-merge-tags-work

Separate lists (bad form, really), or wait for it to be supported via the API before implementing that.

If you have more questions that don't actually have to do with the API, please bounce them off support using the links in the knowledge base.

jesse

Oliver Salzburg

Oct 30, 2012, 9:01:34 PM10/30/12
On 2012-10-29 16:51, jesse wrote:
> ...to be supported via the API...

Would you be able to give me an ETA on that?

Cheers
Oliver

jesse

Oct 31, 2012, 8:22:39 AM10/31/12