Hardware Donation

Robin

Nov 11, 2013, 10:57:47 PM11/11/13
to maglab...@googlegroups.com
This is Robin from PJRC.  We make the Teensy board, an Arduino compatible dev board.  I'd love to send you a small donation of several boards, absolutely free, if you think you could use them.

These boards are Teensy 3.0, which has a 32 bit ARM microcontroller.  Teensy 3.0 includes lots of built-in features and more memory than most Arduino boards, all in a small size that's easy to use on breadboards or to embed inside projects.  These particular boards are ones with slight cosmetic flaws, but they're 100% functional.  Rather throw them out, I'd love to see them put to good use in creative projects!

This is a real offer.  I promise that it isn't spam and there are no strings attached.  We just want to help people make cool stuff with electronics!

Please let me know if you're interested, and what is the best address to mail a small package to your group.

Trevor Law

Nov 12, 2013, 12:03:35 AM11/12/13
to maglab...@googlegroups.com
Wow that's awesome!  I would definitely use one.  I used your Teensy 2.0 as well as Teensy++ 2.0 for school projects and at my last job.  They are much more compact than arduino and are only loaded with the essential supporting components for a project (crystal and decoupler caps).  I was thinking of getting Teensy 3.0 last April for an embedded systems class but was not sure what compiling toolchain to use for ARM (avrlibc seemed comparatively straightforward).

Trevor Law

trentonc...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2013, 6:29:38 PM11/12/13
to maglab...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Robin! Our main address should be just fine for shipping to: 3960 west valley boulevard Pomona CA 91789

trentonc...@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2013, 3:01:56 AM11/20/13
to maglab...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Robin!  Just got the boards in today!  Cant wait to get started!  Hope some others will too.

PT Blank

Nov 26, 2013, 7:19:40 AM11/26/13
to maglab...@googlegroups.com
Robin@PJRC, thanks for the donation! :)

Every time I'm @MAGlabs there is at least one person working on an Arduino project.

OT:
There is a Black Friday Sale @ PJRC on Black Friday (Nov 29).
"The Black Friday sale price will be $14.75 each, limit of 4 per customer. Any extra beyond 4 will be at the normal $19.00 price.

Edit: just a quick reminder, there will only be about 1000 pieces at this special sale price. When they're gone, they're gone!"

Mark R

Dec 4, 2013, 8:31:59 PM12/4/13
to maglab...@googlegroups.com
All,
   I completed a project testing the touch sensor of the Teensy 3.0 and found it worked very good.

See video at http://youtu.be/D80M_E2c5dw Comment is welcome

Rod

Jacob Christ

Dec 4, 2013, 9:06:40 PM12/4/13
to maglab...@googlegroups.com
Cool!

Jacob Christ
ProLinear/PONTECH, Inc.
1-877-985-9286 Phone
1-413-235-1651 Fax
http://www.pontech.com

yn...@nyu.edu

Mar 15, 2015, 11:07:41 AM3/15/15
to maglab...@googlegroups.com
Hello Robin,

My name is Yusuke.
Your project is impressive!!
I am currently working on a school project similar to your project. (control multiple components (LEDs or etc) by touch sensors.)

Would you tell me what kind of touch sensors for the project on the youtube?
Can you tell me the model number, too?
Also, is there any reference code for Teensy 3.0 available?
It would be greatly appreciated if you could share with me.

Thank you very much.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Yusuke