Social Media

Brandin Watson

Jan 4, 2017, 10:45:36 AM1/4/17
to MAG Lab
Any recommendations for alternatives to Facebook?

Diaspora etc?

Brian Seo

Jan 4, 2017, 10:48:34 AM1/4/17
to maglab...@googlegroups.com
From my understanding, Facebook is one of the most famous ones.

Is there a reason you are seeking alternatives to Facebook?

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 7:45 AM, Brandin Watson <bra...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any recommendations for alternatives to Facebook?

Diaspora etc?

Jacob Christ

Jan 4, 2017, 10:50:43 AM1/4/17
to maglab...@googlegroups.com
Myspace!

On Jan 4, 2017 7:45 AM, "Brandin Watson" <bra...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any recommendations for alternatives to Facebook?

Diaspora etc?

Trevor Law

Jan 4, 2017, 11:18:51 AM1/4/17
to maglab...@googlegroups.com
There is a peer to peer one with total privacy for free I had been meaning to check out.  will search for later

On Jan 4, 2017 7:45 AM, "Brandin Watson" <bra...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any recommendations for alternatives to Facebook?

Diaspora etc?

Brandin Watson

Jan 4, 2017, 11:28:26 AM1/4/17
to MAG Lab
Facebook just reminds me of day-time talk shows more and more everyday and I have resolved to try and keep my breakfast down more often this year. Also, I am allergic to advertisements.

Plasma2002

Jan 4, 2017, 11:35:42 AM1/4/17
to maglab...@googlegroups.com
You can dial in your interests much better on Google+ than on fb. So if you're looking for less pics of inspirational quotes, and more pics of plasma containment fields of a Tokamak fusion reactor, well then Google+ will have you covered.

Jacob Christ

Jan 4, 2017, 11:41:55 AM1/4/17
to maglab...@googlegroups.com
What are you looking for? I started using Facebook after my daughter was born to share pictures with my family whom were all on it. Google+ for me has less junk and more tech but less people in my family  (which maybe why there is less junk)

Jacob

Trevor Law

Jan 4, 2017, 8:02:21 PM1/4/17
to maglab...@googlegroups.com
oh i didn't see you mentioned said social network diaspora.  If I get around too will let know how goes

Brandin Watson

Jan 4, 2017, 9:12:03 PM1/4/17
to MAG Lab
Thank you for the suggestions all. I'm going to kick around a little more with Diaspora and give Google plus another try.

Rosa Cho

Jan 5, 2017, 12:55:31 PM1/5/17
to maglab...@googlegroups.com
I was going to mention twitter but it seems that I'm a little late to the conversation. Either way, I haven't heard of Diaspora before but it sounds different from what I had in mind.

-Rosa