Event Reminder and Upcoming Competition

Brian Seo

Feb 15, 2018, 9:13:47 PM2/15/18
to maglab...@googlegroups.com
Everyone,

A reminder that this Saturday is our Open House. Please bring anyone who may be interested in touring MAG Lab or just come and hang out! It's a potluck, so please bring food and drinks. I plan to bring fried chicken.

Also, MAG Laboratory will be hosting a choco egg shootout in April! We will be celebrating Easter by shooting chocolate eggs with air cannons, but it's also a competition to see who can build the best air cannon. Your entry will be judged based on range, operational requirements, ergonomics, and aesthetics. I wanted to inform everyone of this now, so you have two months to work on your entries.

Good luck! and I hope to see you this Saturday at 6pm!

Sincerely,
Brian

Jacob Christ

Feb 16, 2018, 9:03:53 PM2/16/18
to maglab...@googlegroups.com
What are the operational requirements?

Brian Seo

Feb 16, 2018, 10:28:37 PM2/16/18
to maglab...@googlegroups.com
The air cannon has to be able to shoot the Cadbury Mini Eggs, which we will provide for the competition. Other than that, you just gotta beat your competitors on the air cannon's performance!

Jacob Christ

Feb 17, 2018, 9:45:18 AM2/17/18
to maglab...@googlegroups.com
There seems to be more than one "mini egg"

Inline image 1

Inline image 2

Is there a good place to go to find dimensions?

Do you get props if you can launch peeps too?

Jacob

Jacob Christ
ProLinear/PONTECH, Inc.
+1 (909) 652-0670 Phone
http://www.pontech.com

Brian Seo

Feb 17, 2018, 10:24:23 PM2/17/18
to maglab...@googlegroups.com
Jacob,

The mini eggs we will be getting is the first image in your email (the purple package). I do not know the dimensions, but I do know they fit inside a Schedule 40 3/4" PVC pipe.
Also, it's your call if you want to make an air cannon that launches peeps also. The fun thing about these competitions it that you can over-engineer the heck out of it. I'm sure you'll get more points if the crowd loves your creation.

- Brian