3D Printer: Enlarging nozzle hole

Richard

Jul 30, 2015, 2:23:08 AM7/30/15
to MAG Lab
I looked at the sizes of the assorted carbide micro drill bits from Harbor Freight.

Since the original nozzle size was 0.5mm, there are three sizes I can enlarge the nozzle orifice to: 0.65mm, 0.7mm, and 1.15mm

Any preferences? I'll be drilling it out on Friday.

I'd like to try drilling it out to 1.15mm, but I don't know if an orifice that size would work well with 1.75mm filament.

I know 0.7mm would work for sure though.

Richard.

Trenton Wilson

Jul 31, 2015, 12:20:30 AM7/31/15
to maglaboratory
now that you mention it, it might be nice to drill out the nozzle to the largest standard nozzle size, or perhaps the largest a slicing program will support.

I dug around in the spares and found some smaller diameter nozzles for the printer, so we have that covered.

Cheers,
Trent

Ben

Jul 31, 2015, 3:00:51 AM7/31/15
to MAG Lab, trentonc...@gmail.com
0.7 sounds safer. Only thing I'm worried about now is the temperature, couldn't get it over ~160C Tuesday night, not sure whats going on.