Bulk Update 7/5/16. Please read, please comment

Trent

Jul 7, 2016, 3:23:00 AM7/7/16
to MAG Lab
Hi all,

A bit of a bulk update, I'll keep it TLDR.  Please read, please comment

UPCOMING EVENTS:
  • 7/9/16- MAG Lab is participating in the make it go hackathon/design challenge.  Big opportunity for exposure for us, participants may end up at the white house maker fair and or NYC world makerfair.  Contact me directly to get on the team, or show up saturday around noon  More info:  www.makeitgo.io
  • 7/10/16-  Tesla birthday celebration with tesla coils and some bbq.  BBQ hotdogs with tesla coil
  • 7/16/16-  Amateur rocket class by brian.  learn rockets, play kerbal space program
  • 7/30/16- Artemis game night- bring a laptop play star trek bridge simulator have fun
  • 8/13/16- lock picking class... 2.0

Possible events (based on interest)

  • maglab website navigation class (includes user accounts)
  • general shop use class for maglab
  • monthly show and tell for projects at montly gatherings.  Doing prizes, encouraging getting projects done
  • welding art show
  • Kinetic Energy sculpture art show
  • Interwebz 101:  navigating the internet for the old and uninitiated.  Do's and Dont's of online security, safe browsing, and clean habits

Other things for discussion:

  • a catwalk for mag cat
  • having a project museum/wall display for cool projects (includes wiki write up and qr codes to link to 'em)
  • monthly/quarterly newsletter
  • streaming/recording events at mag

We Need a new 3D printing Section Lead as well as a Welding Section Lead.  Please submit applications to myself, or at the Contact email.