Creationg of novel and disruptive smartphone-based veterinary ECG device

Oren Ofer

Nov 6, 2017, 1:31:54 PM11/6/17
to MAG Lab
Hi all,

WesternU veterinary student here. I'm trying to create a smartphone-based ECG device for use in animals. Most vets use human-based devices on animals but there are a plethora of limitations. The current concept has been validated in two different national veterinary innovation competitions...but I have minimal knowledge and experience on how to actually build the thing! Attached are some images of the idea.

My question is, is there anyone who would want to collaborate on creating this kind of a device? Or could point me in the right direction of how/where/with who to start? There is a huge need for it in our field and it would prove quite disruptive. It's applicable to basically anywhere animals are: veterinary hospitals, shelters, research settings, working animals like military and police, rural settings, animal athletes like agility dogs and horse sports, etc.

It would be super cool to get to team up with some students or non-official students (as in life long learners!) to make this a reality.

Thank you!

Oren Ofer
DVM 2018
Western University of Health Sciences