Specify a different author at commit time

Lele Gaifax

Jan 25, 2017, 5:30:25 AM1/25/17
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I seem to remember a way to specify a different Author for a specific commit,
but I wasn't able to find it in current version of magit/git-commit, just the
pseudo-headers ala "Suggested-by".

Am I missing something or was the feature dropped?

Thank you,
ciao, lele.
le...@metapensiero.it | -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.

Kyle Meyer

Jan 26, 2017, 10:51:17 PM1/26/17
to Lele Gaifax, ma...@googlegroups.com
Lele Gaifax <le...@metapensiero.it> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I seem to remember a way to specify a different Author for a specific commit,
> but I wasn't able to find it in current version of magit/git-commit, just the
> pseudo-headers ala "Suggested-by".
>
> Am I missing something or was the feature dropped?

You can override the author in the commit popup using the --author flag.
So, with the default bindings, "c=A".

--
Kyle

Lele Gaifax

Jan 27, 2017, 2:31:25 AM1/27/17
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Kyle Meyer <ky...@kyleam.com> writes:

> You can override the author in the commit popup using the --author flag.
> So, with the default bindings, "c=A".

Doh, my poor eyes made fun of me!