diff expansion disappear when using diff.textconv

walter franzini

May 8, 2015, 12:02:04 PM5/8/15
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm using diff.textconv for some files and when expanded the file to which the textconv apply disappears.

I've read in the FAQ about diff.noprefix, diff.menomonicprefix and diff.external.
I'd like to know if the same apply to diff.textconv or there is something I've to fix in my textconv script.

thank's
walter franzini

Jonas Bernoulli

May 15, 2015, 9:09:04 AM5/15/15
to walter franzini, ma...@googlegroups.com
> I'd like to know if the same apply to diff.textconv or there is
> something I've to fix in my textconv script.

Probably. But it is hard to know without also knowing what the unknown
driver actually does. If it generates something that doesn't exactly
match the format used by Git, then Magit hasn't been setup to parse it.

So you will indeed have to change your script to make the diff look as
expected or else configure Magit to not use the script, which can indeed
be done by overriding the respective variables using the custom option
`magit-git-standard-options'.