error with magit-status

Thomas Holst

Sep 10, 2015, 3:30:53 AM9/10/15
to magit
Hello,

I am using magit on a Win7 machine. I get following error when calling
`magit-status':

let: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

(backtrace attached)

Environment:
- Win7
- emachs 24.5
- git 2.4.5 (cygwin)
- magit recent git-version

Bisecting shows the following commit as root cause:

cca66e5d04a41e3da79c648451f7f30f42a6d774 is the first bad commit
commit cca66e5d04a41e3da79c648451f7f30f42a6d774
Author: Jonas Bernoulli
Date: Thu Aug 27 21:29:42 2015 +0200

magit-rev-format: always treat REV as a commit, add ARGS

This function is intended to print information about a commit, so cast
it as a commit by appending "^{commit}" to REV. This is useful when REV
actually is a tag, in that case `git show' always prints tag related
information before the information requested using FORMAT, and so this
function used to return incorrect information in that case.

If the return value would be an empty string, then instead return nil.

Also add the new argument ARGS. These arguments are passed to `git
show' and should be used for arguments such as `--date=' which are
respected by certain placeholders in FORMAT.

Thank you for looking into this.

--
CU
Thomas

backtrace.txt

Noam Postavsky

Sep 10, 2015, 9:31:35 AM9/10/15
to Thomas Holst, magit
On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 3:30 AM, Thomas Holst <thomas....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Environment:
> - Win7
> - emachs 24.5
> - git 2.4.5 (cygwin)
> - magit recent git-version

Does it help if you (setenv "CYGWIN" "noglob")? See
https://github.com/magit/magit/issues/2246#issuecomment-139067687

Thomas Holst

Sep 10, 2015, 12:29:31 PM9/10/15
to Noam Postavsky, Thomas Holst, magit
Hello,

I will be offline for a week. After I return I will try it and report.
Thanks

Thomas
--
Liebe Grüße
Thomas

Thomas Holst

Sep 29, 2015, 8:17:21 AM9/29/15
to Noam Postavsky, magit
Hello,

Well I set CYGWIN to noglob and it didn't work. But today I tested again and it does work. So the issue is closed for me.

Thanks

Am 10. September 2015 15:31:34 MESZ, schrieb Noam Postavsky <npos...@gmail.com>:

--
Liebe Grüße