Insert (autocomplete) to be committed filenames.

Martin Fei

Jun 22, 2015, 5:06:24 AM6/22/15
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

When I write a commit message, I frequently refer the name of one of the files which are to be committed. Is there already a tool as part of magit to insert or autocomplete filenames which are to be committed? I did not find anything about it in the documentation or via Google.

Cheers,
Martin

Ben Martin

Jun 23, 2015, 8:04:14 PM6/23/15
to ma...@googlegroups.com
It's not exactly what you are looking for, but have you tried pressing "C" on the file name in the magit status buffer? That will add the file name to the commit message prefixed by a *.

ky...@kyleam.com

Jun 23, 2015, 10:20:54 PM6/23/15
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a command in my configuration that offers to insert a staged file
name (but this depends on you being on the "next" branch).

https://github.com/kyleam/emacs.d/blob/e8cbf67a4ff59364795de5a8d6dbc660d43f76df/lisp/init-git.el#L255-268

--
Kyle