Stable release for Marmalade

Nikolai Weibull

Oct 16, 2014, 6:08:52 AM10/16/14
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

When will we see an updated stable release on, for example, Marmalade?

Thanks!

Jonas Bernoulli

Nov 1, 2014, 3:10:26 PM11/1/14
to Nikolai Weibull, ma...@googlegroups.com
> When will we see an updated stable release on, for example, Marmalade?

There is a stable "non-release" available from Melpa-Stable. The FAQ
covers why that isn't available from Marmalade also. It also mentions
that we are now in feature freeze, so that we can actually concentrate
on getting a new release out which will then be available from both
Melpa-Stable and Marmalade. A less hand waving "Roadmap toward 2.1.0"
will appear in a few days.

The reason why I am not releasing the master branch now, and then in due
time do the same with the next branch, is this: there are big changes in
master, it will take time for 1.2.* users to get used to them. There
are even bigger changes in next compared to master. I want to avoid
that users have to deal with two major upgrades in quick succession.

Best regards,
Jonas