bug with magit on Win7 / Comment on issue #816

Thomas Holst

Apr 14, 2014, 1:38:39 PM4/14/14
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

first I want to thank you all for magit. It makes working with git in emacs so much
easier.

I encountered a strange problem wit magit on Win7 recently. When trying to commit in magit I get the following error message:

replace-regexp-in-string: Wrong type argument: stringp, ("--")

This does not happen on my Linux machine. Both have same emacs and magit versions.

A little (well it took a while) debugging showed the problem. On Win7 I use cygwin, so `magit-process-quote-curly-braces' is set to 't'. When a commit is performed `magit-process-quote-arguments' is called with `("commit" ("--"))'. Thats why

(mapcar (apply-partially 'replace-regexp-in-string
"{\\([0-9]+\\)}" "\\\\{\\1\\\\}")
args)

inside `magit-process-quote-arguments' throws the above error.

My lisp knowledge is not deep enough to find out how to fix this, but I am sure
someone here knows how to prepare a fix.

For now I set `magit-process-quote-curly-braces' to nil. With the culprit that I
can't stash with magit on Win7.

Thank you for looking into this.

Bis neulich ...
Thomas

Jonas Bernoulli

Apr 16, 2014, 6:44:28 PM4/16/14
to Thomas Holst, ma...@googlegroups.com
Should be fixed now.
See f2d35643b39f8293d5ef4683c2792a8b1a2ed326.

Thanks for reporting
Jonas

Thommy

Apr 17, 2014, 2:05:59 AM4/17/14
to Jonas Bernoulli, ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonas,

Thanks for fixing this. I will habe access to my Windows machine after Easter. I will try it out and report.
--
Bis neulich ...
Thommy

> See f2d35643b39f8293d5ef4683c2792a8b1a2ed326.
>
> Thanks for reporting
> Jonas

yes I can confirm that it is fixed!

Thanks again.