show diff of current buffer

Sam Halliday

Apr 24, 2014, 9:13:58 AM4/24/14
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm really enjoying using magit and to improve productivity even further, I'd like to be able to turn on a mode that lets me see which lines in the current file have uncommitted additions/modifications/removals with the ability to each difference on a line-by-line basis (e.g. some keystroke that brings that line or contiguous block back to HEAD).

Can somebody please help me to get this set up? (Assuming it is available as a feature)

Best regards,
Sam

numb...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2014, 2:23:22 AM7/30/14
to Sam Halliday, ma...@googlegroups.com
I this magit should be able to show diff of select region or current buffer.

[stardiviner]           <Hack this world!>      GPG key ID: 47C32433
IRC(freeenode): stardiviner                     Twitter:  @numbchild
Key fingerprint = 9BAA 92BC CDDD B9EF 3B36  CB99 B8C4 B8E5 47C3 2433
Blog: http://nagatopain-blog.logdown.com/

Rémi Vanicat

Jul 30, 2014, 6:33:02 AM7/30/14
to numb...@gmail.com, Sam Halliday, ma...@googlegroups.com
"numb...@gmail.com" <numb...@gmail.com> writes:

> I this magit should be able to show diff of select region or current
> buffer.

There is vcs-mode for interacting with different vcs from inside a
file. Try C-x v C-h to have an idea of what is available, and the
"Introduction to VC" node of the Emacs info to find more on this.

Actually I some time use C-x v = to have ediff compare the working copy
version of the current file with head (it can do more than that) and
then I can use it to revert part of what was done.
--
Rémi Vanicat

numb...@gmail.com