Magic Fields 2 not saving any data in fields

RyanS

Jul 13, 2012, 9:39:27 AM7/13/12
to magic-...@googlegroups.com
I am running Magic Fields version 2.0.1 on WordPress 3.4.1. When I enter data into the magic fields (doesn't matter what type of field it is or if it is in a post, page or custom post type) it disappears after I publish the post. I read other user comments about checking the max post size but I currently have it set to 64M and I am just trying to enter a simple text field so I don't think that is it.

I installed the Debug bar and here is what it is showing for the error:

SELECT
mfpm.meta_id,
mfpm.field_name,
mfpm.field_count,
mfpm.group_count,
pm.meta_value
FROM
wp_mf_post_meta as mfpm
LEFT JOIN
wp_postmeta as pm
ON
( mfpm.meta_id = pm.meta_id )
WHERE
mfpm.post_id = 96
Unknown column 'mfpm.meta_id' in 'field list'

Any help would be much appreciated.

David Valdez

Jul 13, 2012, 12:48:48 PM7/13/12
to magic-...@googlegroups.com
the wp_mf_post_meta table exists?  is weird,  i'm using the same version of wordpress and works fine for me.

--
David Valdez
Sent with Sparrow

Huroman

Jul 13, 2012, 12:49:14 PM7/13/12
to magic-...@googlegroups.com
You could try making reverse engineering, disable all the other plugins, re-install MF 2 and then, test a simple post with CPT. Then, re-activate the plugins one by one checking the compatibility.

Jacob Ørstrup Christensen

Jul 24, 2012, 9:39:28 AM7/24/12
to magic-...@googlegroups.com
I had the same problem. I fixed it by deleting Magic Fields 2. Then I openede the database via phpmyadmin and deleted alle tables with the _mf_ prefix. After that, I installed it again, and it worked perfectly.

Richard Plant

Aug 4, 2015, 7:17:00 AM8/4/15
to Magic Fields
I had this problem too. I modified the wp_mf_post_meta  table and changed the column id to meta_id and it's working again.