Issues with WP 4.6.1?

Silas Miller

Sep 8, 2016, 1:02:27 PM9/8/16
to Magic Fields
Anyone else having issues?

Seems that we can't edit magic fields anymore.

Tom McGee

Sep 9, 2016, 10:03:59 AM9/9/16
to Magic Fields
I'm able to edit and add fields; but there is a javascript error showing up repeatedly "SyntaxError: Unexpected token )"

---Tom

Hunk

Sep 9, 2016, 11:18:25 PM9/9/16
to Magic Fields
Hi, you use MF1.x? which fields do you have? if you create another site with WP + MF you have the same error?

Katrina Glover

Sep 13, 2016, 2:56:45 PM9/13/16
to Magic Fields
I am also having issues. I noticed that when I try to create/edit any MF2 fields, I get an error but the items do save. When I try to add an image via the media library (select image) the screen reloads in the same window and I cannot add it to the post. Very frustrating as MF2 is the core of the site!

Martino Stenta

Sep 20, 2016, 6:30:56 AM9/20/16
to Magic Fields
Same problem here!
Custom Post Type get saved but Custom Fields stay empty.

Please fix this!
I'm desperate...

Tom McGee

Sep 20, 2016, 9:40:08 PM9/20/16
to Magic Fields
I'm working on migrating out of MF in favor of Advanced Custom Fields. It's a little complicated but I'm making progress (and taking notes!)

I'll be sure to share what I come up with when I've got it running.

Hunk

Sep 20, 2016, 10:45:53 PM9/20/16
to Magic Fields
I have done several tests in my local and docker environment WP + MF and everything works fine. can you make some test with WP + MF same version with the conflict local o new instance in the server? if it works fine. can you put which plugins use on the site?. visit https://github.com/hunk/Magic-Fields/issues/189 and put what plugins you use, I want to see which plugins you have in common.

another test, if you can, disable all plugins. enable MF and check if it works fine, next, enable one plugin and check, until all plugins are enabled. Optional you can download the site and test in local environment.

Hunk

Sep 20, 2016, 10:48:50 PM9/20/16
to Magic Fields
Also, can you export your write panel? don't worry if the file has some errors, I can delete that errors and import in my local environment and check if some field has conflict or something

Martino Stenta

Sep 21, 2016, 5:34:45 AM9/21/16
to Magic Fields
Hi Hunk,
how can I export the write panel?

Martino Stenta

Sep 21, 2016, 5:40:29 AM9/21/16
to Magic Fields
Anyway, it looks like the responsible is Jetpack!
Disabled and now it's ok!

Katrina Glover

Sep 21, 2016, 8:52:40 PM9/21/16
to Magic Fields
This is the error I receive whenever I try to make any adjustments to the MF2 fields. It doesn't matter if I am trying to add, delete, or change. Latest wordpress install. Have tried reinstalling the plugin, Wordpress, and disabling all plugins.
MF2-error.jpg

Hunk

Sep 22, 2016, 10:55:08 PM9/22/16
to Magic Fields
Hello Katrina can you apply this fix https://github.com/magic-fields-team/Magic-Fields-2/commit/6454ae91a0460080868af0e775eacb1373465026 .

Martino Stenta which modules do you has enabled in JetPack

Katrina Glover

Sep 26, 2016, 7:14:04 PM9/26/16
to Magic Fields
So sorry! There was no update letting me know there was a response. I still get an error (attached). All I did was change the type of field (from image to image media). It gave me the error but it did save. Also, when I tried to use the image media, it loaded the media gallery into the same page, thus making it unable to insert into the post.

Thanks
MF2-error2.jpg

Hunk

Sep 26, 2016, 9:58:58 PM9/26/16
to Magic Fields
ok, yes Katrina, I forgot change the variable, please check this https://github.com/magic-fields-team/Magic-Fields-2/commit/608b26ab8414c267a452f7a703b4aad32c115498

Katrina Glover

Sep 28, 2016, 7:06:57 PM9/28/16
to Magic Fields
Thank you. This helped as I no longer get an error when changing/creating a field. However, the problem with the image media function still remains. When I click set image, instead of loading into an overlay, it loads in the same window and there is no "insert into post" option.

Any chance of getting a fix for that? I'd really like to use the media library for images.
Thanks!