Custom Post type will not use special template in Wordpress 3.9.1

Scott Wright

May 28, 2014, 8:29:07 AM5/28/14
to magic-...@googlegroups.com
Using MF 2.2.2.1 and Wordpress 3.9.1.
I had everything working in WP 3.8.x.
I upgraded and now my custom post type, when displaying a single post, uses index.php instead of single-{post type}.php.
This is in a custom theme which I began in WP 3.6.x. It is pretty empty, just some css and templates.
I have custom page templates that still work.

I copied my template to single-post.php - no luck
I copied it to test_template.php and added a template declaration at the top. I then changed a couple of custom posts to specifically use this template. Still got the index.php template.
I then took EVERYTHING out of test_template.php except a static h1 tag, just to make sure my code in the template was not causing an issue - still used index.php.
My error log is clean.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Scott Wright

May 29, 2014, 6:40:39 AM5/29/14
to magic-...@googlegroups.com
After installing debug bar, I notice the following error:
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /vHosts/wordpress.salonsuites/wp-content/plugins/magic-fields-2/mf_front_end.php on line 15
not sure if this is part of the problem or not.