Daily Expense Trackers using Excel

kKiran Jagtap

Feb 6, 2012, 3:05:57 AM2/6/12
to MadRacer Group, kkiran jagtap

7 Personal Expense Trackers using Excel

Expense diary

Keeping track of your expenses is one of the fundamentals of living good life. So I asked you to prepare a personal expense tracker as part of our 10,000 RSS Subscriber Milestone contest. I have received 7 excellent entries in this contest, each capable of making expense tracking a breeze while providing good analytics of the expense data to understand how you spend.

Thanks everyone for participating and making this a huge learning experience for you and I. Personally I have learned several useful formula and tracker related tricks from this.Download Personal Expense Tracker - Free Excel Templates

Excel Personal Expense Tracker by Bigtaff [Option 1]

Excel Personal Expense Tracker by Bigtaff
Excel Personal Expense Tracker by BigtaffExcel Personal Expense Tracker by Bigtaff

My comments:

  • Looks awesome
  • Can handle multiple currencies
  • Provides excellent analysis on various criteria (by month, monthly, annual, by person, by category etc.)

Excel Personal Expense Tracker by Cnat [Option 2]

Excel Personal Expense Tracker by Cnat
Excel Personal Expense Tracker by Cnat

My comments:

  • Very cool frequency analysis of expenses by date
  • Good use of in-cell charts to compare income with expenses
  • Simple, easy to use tracker

Excel Personal Expense Tracker by Ibrahim [Option 3]

Excel Personal Expense Tracker by Ibrahim
Excel Personal Expense Tracker by Ibrahim

My comments:

  • Separate sheets for each of the 12 months, good for yearly tracking
  • Analytics by month or by expense category
  • Simple Grid like structure for entering data

Excel Personal Expense Tracker by Karthik [Option 4]

Excel Personal Expense Tracker by Karthik

My comments:

  • Tracks expenses for one month at a time
  • Tracks various payment modes (cash, check, card) and payment due dates
  • Nice summary of expenses by account, payment status, category and week

Excel Personal Expense Tracker by Pedrowave [Option 5]

Excel Personal Expense Tracker by Pedrowave
Excel Personal Expense Tracker by Pedrowave

My comments:

  • Simple tracker with easy input sheet
  • Option to track by month or by day of month
  • A simple chart shows income compared to expenses and savings

Excel Personal Expense Tracker by Romeog [Option 6]

Excel Personal Expense Tracker by Romeog
Excel Personal Expense Tracker by RomeogExcel Personal Expense Tracker by Romeog

My comments:

  • Looks awesome, the expense dashboard is quite versatile with ability to view expense data for any month, any number of days etc.
  • Easy to compare categories and choose which categories to include in output
  • Simple data entry sheet

Excel Personal Expense Tracker by Tessaes [Option 7]

Excel Personal Expense Tracker by Tessaes

My comments:

  • Clean input sheets, easy to enter the data
  • Summaries by category and daily, weekly and monthly statistics
  • Simple charts to understand how actual expenses differed from budgets

--
Thanks and Regards,
Kiran Jagtap.

personal-expense-tracker-7.zip