furniture - bad news

Adas

Jun 23, 2012, 7:02:25 AM6/23/12
to madhack...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

Went to a scrap yard dealer in redhills. I was taken there, being told it was a second hand furnture shop. hopes were dashed once i realized it was scrap yard dealer. Went ahead and scoped out the place none the less...for having come that far. Glad I didn't just scoot back home.

Found some hardware tools, power supplies, modular metal racks (50 bucks/kilo), power tools. There was even a drink dispensing machine...albeit in pretty bad shape.

There were a few chairs and tables as well. But they were rotten as hell..as in still functional..but super dirty. Take a look at the pics in the attachment.

The one thing that got me excited were the modular metal racks. I mean, we could use those to customize the rack space and use it for whatever we might want. nuts, bolts, wires, cables, dysfunctional pcb boards, server racks..perhaps.

They had a load of other shite, we could use down the line. If someone wants to take a look, let me know.. ill see if i can join the party.

All being said and done..mission is still un accomplished ; (.

Went there looking for proper chairs and tables. But couldn't find appropriate ones..for the space..

So i've got a few questions now...

1) Anyone know any place else..where I can get some used office furniture?. I'm looking for 3 or 4 big tables with no drawers and preferably laminated..so we can scribble on them in case we're too cheap to buy paper : D. Also need a dozen or less chairs. Office type. Not the plastic ones, with slits on the bottom. I've sat in those a few times. You can't walk away without getting a few ass sores...

2) What about second hand hardware tools? (spanners, pliers, blades...)

3) Power tools?

If anyone got any info on where i can get some of these stuff.. second hand.. let me know. I need them asap. I want the place up and running sooner than later..

Cheers
AJ

IMG_20120622_143337.jpg
IMG_20120622_143352.jpg
IMG_20120622_143827.jpg
IMG_20120622_143854.jpg
IMG_20120622_144004.jpg
IMG_20120622_144029.jpg
IMG_20120622_144208.jpg
IMG_20120622_144519.jpg

Tushar Richabadas

Jun 23, 2012, 7:03:29 AM6/23/12
to madhack...@googlegroups.com

Can give one office chair..

Adas

Jun 23, 2012, 12:29:55 PM6/23/12
to madhack...@googlegroups.com
Thanks man. Never saw you after the first meetup. You should drop by sometime.

Cheers,
AJ