Fwd: [S67 Public] Fwd: #38 - Upcoming Events - Sector67 Meeting April 1st - Tuesday 7PM

Lance Larsen

Mar 26, 2014, 11:45:34 AM3/26/14
to maddotn...@meetup.com, madd...@googlegroups.com, Chris Meyer

Awesome stuff from Sector67...

Regards...

...Lance Larsen - MADdotNET President  |  www.maddotnet.com
www.lancelarsen.com  |  608.31LANCE  |  ma...@lancelarsen.com

Semi-Occasional Newsletter Brought to you by Sector67

TONIGHT - Capital Entrepreneurs Open Meeting - Spring Tech Social - 3/26 - 6PM
The Capital Entrepreneurs will be hosting a spring tech social and open meeting TONIGHT from 6-8PM in the US Bank Building! For more information have a look here. Please register if you plan on attending. Did I mention free beer from MobCraft and Karben4?

Sewing Studio Model Call - 3/29 - 10AM
The Madison Sewing Studio will be hosting a fashion show at the Madison Central Library on May 2nd but they need you to model their creations! They're holding a model call at Sector67 on March 29th 10AM. Please see their website for more information. And as always, they have classes coming up on their website

Monthly Meeting - 4/01 - 7PM
We'll be hosting our monthly (open to anyone) meeting at Sector67. Presentations currently on the docket:
  • The Madison Fire Department is stopping by to talk about some of the technology they use to keep our city safe
  • Shira will demonstrate using Blender to make 2D-style illustrations for comics and graphic novels
  • Maybe this month Aaron will be showing off his Mystery Science Theater 3000 characters ;-)
  • More stuff guaranteed (we've never been short on pitches), but you'll have to show up to find out :-)
***Presenters Beware*** we're limiting presentations to exactly 7:00 minutes. Let us know if you're interested in presenting and we'll get you on the agenda (nothing formal required, just bring something interesting you'd like to talk about for a few minutes).

Startup Weekend - 4/04 to 4/06 - Buy Tickets Today
Startup Weekend is NEXT WEEKEND, we're spending thousands on food so you're guaranteed to get your ticket cost in excellent food for the weekend :-) More information over on our website, use promo code "sector67" when you register for a discount.

Nexxpo - 4/08 - starts 10:30AM
The Madison Chamber of Commerce is hosting Nexxpo on April 8th. You can see J.B. Pritzker speak as well as watch business pitches from startups in the Pressure Chamber competition, for more information and to register take a look here. We'll have a table with a number of Sector67 member businesses present.

Milwaukee Hardware Hackathon - 4/25 - starts 6:30PM
Finally, last but not least, there's a hardware hackathon coming up in Milwaukee April 25th-27th. More information over on their website, use promo code "sector67" when you register for a 30% discount. Tickets will increase in cost as the event gets closer to make sure you buy one today if you're planning on attending.