Re: [MADdotNET] Abridged summary of maddotnet@googlegroups.com - 3 Messages in 1 Topic

Becky Caruso

Mar 11, 2014, 10:57:38 AM3/11/14
to madd...@googlegroups.com

The job is on the external UWHC career site too, job Id 108905

Blake Niemyjski

Mar 11, 2014, 11:14:01 AM3/11/14
to madd...@googlegroups.com

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 9:57 AM, Becky Caruso <bcaru...@gmail.com> wrote:
108905

Not one single link for the lazy :)

Thanks
-Blake Niemyjski

Eric Selje

Mar 11, 2014, 11:30:58 AM3/11/14
to madd...@googlegroups.com
I'm starting to suspect this is part of the job interview.

Blake Niemyjski

Mar 11, 2014, 11:34:22 AM3/11/14
to madd...@googlegroups.com
I'm not interested, just can't believe the first link didn't work and
then a crazy job id was posted which would have been easier to just
post the link than the job id..
--
Thanks
-Blake Niemyjski

James Bean

Mar 11, 2014, 11:43:06 AM3/11/14
to madd...@googlegroups.com
And then you have to go through a huge application process.  Submit your Mother's maiden name and top secret clearance with a list of skills that encompass the whole world of software development.

Blake Niemyjski

Mar 11, 2014, 11:43:59 AM3/11/14
to madd...@googlegroups.com
Yeah! what he said

Lara, Adan M - DNR

Mar 11, 2014, 11:47:59 AM3/11/14
to madd...@googlegroups.com
They're trying to test how resourceful you are.

I had someone from "the inside" look it up for me, though I'm not interested either...

James Bean

Mar 11, 2014, 12:01:45 PM3/11/14
to madd...@googlegroups.com
If they really wanted to get this thing going they would have someone from the inside post this with a validated uw email address.

BeckC

Mar 15, 2014, 4:00:28 PM3/15/14
to madd...@googlegroups.com

I checked the employee-only site for more information, but the internal posting is exactly the same as external. I'm sorry if the job ID wasn't helpful, I thought that would help find the full details on the UWHC Careers site since Job ID searches work better in the keyword search field than the job titles.

This is the URL to the position description:

https://careers.uwhealth.org/psc/candidate/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRS.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?&PAGE=HRS_APP_JBPST

UWHC Careers

Job Description

Job Title:Software Developer-Obj./Sr.

Job ID:  108905

Location:  Main Hospital Area

Hours Per Week:  40.00

FTE:  1.00

Full/Part Time:  Full-Time

Close Date

Regular/Temporary:  Regular

Company: UW Hospital and Clinics

Posting Summary

The Software Developer is responsible for supporting the Hospital information systems which support medical faculty, clinical staff and hospital administration. This position requires intermediate technical skills in gathering information from users, assisting with the definition of work problems and development of computer programs and procedures to resolve problems. The purpose of this position is to design and support programming applications for existing and new systems.

Organizational and communication skills are crucial to successful performance in this position. This position requires the ability to evaluate and analyze subject matter and develop specifications to create or enhance information processing functions.  Effective verbal and written communication skills are essential.  Successful performance utilizes and develops skills in system design, analysis and implementation of programs.  In addition, the individual must have technical knowledge and experience with a variety of programming languages, operating systems and database technologies to meet objectives.

Problems and tasks encountered are of a moderate to high level of difficulty and can usually be solved by referring to senior Software Developers and/or supervisors. This position requires innovation and vision in problem-solving and meeting objectives in a timely manner.  This individual must utilize a logical approach to analyze problems, pinpointing the sources, correcting the error and redesigning the application to prevent future problems.

A wide variety of internal and external contact relationships are involved to accomplish the objectives of performing the duties in this position.  Internal contacts include other department staff, hospital staff and medical staff.  External contact is primarily with software vendors.  Developing and maintaining good communication with these contacts is essential to accomplishing the objectives of this position and the goals of the UWHC.

Qualifications

1. Bachelor or Technical degree or equivalent combination of education or experience is required.
2. Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
3. Two to three years work experience in related field required.
4. Experience with software development languages and databases in both thick- and thin-client deployment preferred.
5. Relevant technical certifications preferred.
6. Excellent communication, problem-solving and organizational abilities required.
7. Ability to work independently and be result oriented required.
8. Ability to prioritize projects and react to critical deadlines required.
9. Strong technical skills required.
10. Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal presentation required.
11. Capable of interacting with all levels of staff required.
12. Effective interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on ensuring a high degree of internal and external customer satisfaction required.
13. Ability to manage multiple tasks with ease and efficiency required.

Pay

This is a Non-Represented position and falls into Pay Grade 7.  The salary range begins at $49,560 per year.  Education, experience, tenure and internal equity may be taken into consideration when job offers are extended.

Work Schedule

Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm/

Benefits

This position is in the "Authority Non-Rep" Benefits package.  UWHC employees enjoy competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package.

- Vacation (15 days) // (Pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Legal Holidays (9 days) // (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Sick Leave (12 days/year) // (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement (covered in the Wisconsin Retirement system on day 1)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Worker's Compensation
- Tax-Sheltered Annuities (TSA)
- Employee Reimbursement Accounts (ERA)

While every attempt has been made to provide up-to-date, accurate information, the legal documents, policies, and contracts will prevail in the event of any discrepancy. The above information applies to regular (Permanent) employees.

For addition information, please look on the uwhealth.org website in the careers section.

Staffing Team

Contact Ellen Molitor for more information at EMol...@uwhealth.org or at 608-265-8891.

Who We Are...

University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics is a 566 bed facility that ranks among the finest academic medical centers in the United States. Frequently cited in publications listing the nation's best health care providers, UW Hospital and Clinics is recognized as a national leader in fields such as cancer treatment, pediatrics, ophthalmology, surgical specialties and organ transplantation.

UW Hospital and Clinics offers:
-More than 900 active medical staff and more than 80 outpatient clinics.
-Six intensive care units (trauma and life support, pediatric, cardiac, cardiothoracic, burn, neurosurgery) with 83 total beds .
-Nine satellite locations .
-One of only two organizations in Wisconsin with designated level One Adult  and Pediatric trauma centers.

How to Apply

Please use the "Apply Now" button found at the top and bottom of this page.

BeckC

Mar 15, 2014, 4:03:40 PM3/15/14
to madd...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I tested the URL and it doesn't work even though the career site generated for me as a direct link. You'll have to go to https://careers.uwhealth.org/candidate/index.html and find the job through the search engine.