Package bee news

Richard / Stacy Schneider

Nov 18, 2015, 10:13:51 PM11/18/15
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Just a note, Lee Heine will be retiring from package bees (from what I understood it is going to be next year not this upcoming year and that Wilbanks will be taking over for Lee)...anyone heard any more more definite news on this?
Rich

--
Capital Bee Supply, LLC
Manufacturers and Purveyors of Fine Beekeeping Equipment

Richard / Stacy Schneider

Nov 18, 2015, 10:21:35 PM11/18/15
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Actually, the announcement is here:
http://www.kalonahoney.com/blog/here-we-grow

Andrew Olson

Nov 19, 2015, 7:44:21 AM11/19/15
to mad...@googlegroups.com
It will be interesting to see how much of the package business gets migrated to GA bees.

Andrew
XPHoney

Mary Celley

Nov 19, 2015, 9:36:16 AM11/19/15
to madbees
Yep, so true about Lee.  I have also heard the bees are not doing so well in Cal.  Packages are going to be high and hard to get.  If people want any from me better let me know sooner than later.  Mary....I'm beginning to think all these chemical treatments are not good for the bees and they are becoming resistant.  People that treat still have high mite counts, so much swarming.  I attribute it to all the chemicals.  I would not want to live in a house full of chemicals.  Just my opinion.

Dale Marsden

Nov 19, 2015, 10:36:22 AM11/19/15
to mad...@googlegroups.com
I don't think Georgia producers can produce queens  in late March or  early in April, reliably; so they will still get Kona or California queens for those packages.
Dale