Hive of bees in barn...Verona

已查看 43 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Mary Celley

未读,
2017年10月1日 09:11:152017/10/1
收件人 madbees
Susan from the Cluck Store says she has a colony of honey bees in her barn.  She has kept bees before so I assume she is correct that they indeed are honey bees.  Her phone number is 848-1200.  Mary

morpho6

未读,
2017年10月1日 15:34:022017/10/1
收件人 mad...@googlegroups.com
Mary C. (et.al.),
I phoned Susan this am & will be reviewing this with her, on site, tomorrow, with the expectation that I will follow up with the removal within a couple of days after.  (Ironically. ... also did a hive removal from another barn yesterday...)
Best regards,
Mark

Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Smartphone

Mark Evans

未读,
2017年10月2日 21:49:062017/10/2
收件人 mad...@googlegroups.com
As an FYI, I was on site today & these are German yellow-jackets.  My advice, since we are into Oct., the colony entrance is ~ 8 ft off the ground on the back side of a barn & I was not bothered, standing directly under the entrance, was to let them be & die with the onset of some hard frosts.  I briefly reviewed their biology & all was good.
Mark