Swarm in my backyard, about 8' up on white pine branch.

prago...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2017, 11:49:17 AM8/7/17
to madbees
I just walked back to my hives and noticed a large swarm on a pine branch about 8' up (within reach of a good size step ladder).  I am not set up to catch it, I am on the southern edge of Town of Verona (Purcell Rd).  Call my cell if you are interested in catching it, 212-0490.
--Pete

tom tucker

Aug 7, 2017, 12:05:30 PM8/7/17
to Bees DCBA Bees
I will call Pete now.

On Aug 7, 2017 10:49 AM, <prago...@gmail.com> wrote:
I just walked back to my hives and noticed a large swarm on a pine branch about 8' up (within reach of a good size step ladder).  I am not set up to catch it, I am on the southern edge of Town of Verona (Purcell Rd).  Call my cell if you are interested in catching it, 212-0490.
--Pete

tom tucker

Aug 7, 2017, 12:23:09 PM8/7/17
to Bees DCBA Bees
Got hold of Pete and on the way.

prago...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2017, 1:48:47 PM8/7/17
to madbees
Swarm successfully captured!  Thanks Tom, now that I see how easy it is, I will be ready next time!

tom tucker

Aug 8, 2017, 1:47:10 AM8/8/17
to Bees DCBA Bees
Swarm pic.