Re vet precription req Jan 1, 2017

lin...@tds.net

Oct 8, 2016, 10:39:04 AM10/8/16
to mad...@googlegroups.com, Phillip Raines, Mark Gilberts, Richard King
In spite of the report by Bee Culture that an exemption for beekeepers regards terrimycin tylosin etc. would be forthcoming. Based on a subsequent report by American Honey Producers Assn. and others. It is not currently true an exemption will be provided. This means a prescription from a vet will be needed for bacterial disease. To purchase med(s) and legally treat for same. AS I understand it a prescription will not be required for varroa treatments. (My now process regarding Foulbrood is to burn frames affected) This includes PMS. Parasitic mite syndrome.) Larry Lindokken